Suzanne Somers – What The Heck Happened To Her Face?

Now, don’t get me wrong.  Back in the day, I really liked Suzanne Somers.  She could have knocked on my door anytime.  But now… what the heck happened to her face?  Her face is so puffy it looks like it’s been stung by a hive of bees.

My most faithful blog readers may recall a post from just over a year ago stating that Suzanne was planning to have a stem cell facelift.  If you don’t remember, you can check out the post here.  Well, it appears that she may have done just that.

So what is a stem cell facelift, you ask?  It’s basically facial fat grafting using fat that is supercharged with stem cells.  A doctor harvests some fat via liposuction, removes concentrated stem cells from a portion of it, then injects the remaining fat that is ‘supercharged’ with the stem cells into areas of the face which are gaunt.  The idea is that the stem cells will cause a greater percentage of the grafted fat to survive and possibly even improve the skin quality.  Currently there are a handful of physicians advertising stem cell facelifts in the U.S. but in reality the machinery needed to remove and concentrate stem cells are not FDA approved for cosmetic use.  HOWEVER, there are people in other countries who may be using real stem cells to enhance their facelifts, so it is definitely possible that Suzanne went overseas to get this procedure done.

She obviously had something done to give her a pillow face!

For the ultimate plastic surgery tell-all, check out Dr. Youn’s critically acclaimed memoir about plastic surgery, In Stitches! It includes a Beverly Hills plastic surgeon using leeches to salvage a woman’s nipples, massive man-boobs, and even reconstructing a face mauled by a raccoon. Dr. 90210 Robert Rey: “I highly recommend it!” The Doctors Dr. Drew Ordon: “Brilliant, humorous and energetic.” In Stitches is available on Amazon.com here: In Stitches

Tags: , , , ,

Tuesday, February 1st, 2011 at 3:24 am | Bad Celeb Plastic Surgery, stem cells, Suzanne Somers

31 Responses to “Suzanne Somers – What The Heck Happened To Her Face?”

1. ela

February 1st, 2011 at 4:54 am

My friends and I saw her on a TV show. We thought the same thing! What did happen to her face?

2. JackNJill

February 2nd, 2011 at 3:11 am

YUK! Some celebrities just can’t age gracefully and naturally. She looks awful now, unfortunately. She can now join the Pricilla Presley club. Her face is ruined too. I was shocked when I saw her facelift.

3. Doylene Brents
    Web site: agracioushome.blogspot.com

February 4th, 2011 at 6:31 pm

I think she’s gained a lot of weight and it shows on her face.

4. Rosina deMaltby

February 7th, 2011 at 1:53 am

Awful! I was so shocked when I saw her recently. Her face looks like a stiff mask. You can’t see her upper teeth any more as the labial ledge is stiff and doesn’t move. Freakish and very, very sad.

5. jim

February 8th, 2011 at 12:20 am

Oh my god. She looks like the joker from batman. She screwed up bad.

6. Connie

February 8th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

How sad she couldn’t see just how beautiful she was. What she has done to her face she can’t reverse and go back to the way she was. You know this whole plastic surgery thing has just gotten out of control with people. What happened to aging gracefully. Unless you have some kind of deformity that needs to be addressed then leave well enough alone.

7. Really

February 10th, 2011 at 8:14 am

For someone who advocates natural hormone replacement therapy and aging naturally, she’s certainly no poster child! Why, why, WHY do women do this to themselves?? They look hideous, deformed and seriously in need of some kind of intervention.

One day archeologists will look back on our culture and say WTF?!

I’m all for bringing back the naturally aging woman. Some of the most beautiful women in our society let their hair gray naturally and their skin do the same. The best skincare is to avoid alcohol (or have in moderation), cigarettes, and too much sun. Genetics help, too.

Completely rearranging your face surgically is a sad body dysmorphia.

8. Really

February 10th, 2011 at 8:16 am

Mmm, and also guessing that her “FaceMaster” (and yes, there was one) just wasn’t working for her!

9. Betsy

February 11th, 2011 at 9:02 pm

Has audacity to lie.

10. EMC_NYC

February 25th, 2011 at 12:48 pm

Sadly (and with no malice), I’d say that her face has become the motivation for me NOT to buy her books. I was this-close…

11. jmhuntington

February 27th, 2011 at 5:19 pm

i DO THE FOOD COMBINING AS MY LIFE AND IT TRULY WORKS. WHY CAN’T SUZANNE OF ALL PEOPLE AGE GRACEFULLY AND TRULY SHOW US HOW TO BE SEXY FOREVER?I’M SO DISAPPOINTED IN HER.
    I’M SO DISAPPOINTED AT ALL THE STARS THEY DON’T EVEN WAIT TIL THERE AGED AND THEY START THE PLUMPING OF THE CHEEKS AND LIPS .WHY?
    WHO TELLS THEM THEY’LL LOOSE WORK UNLESS THEY LOOK YOUNG THERE ARE SO MANY ROLES FOR GOOD ACTRESSES OVER 40 . iS ANYONE BUSIER THAN MERYL STREEP WHO COULD BE MORE BEATIFUL AND HAVE BETTER PARTS,? OR DIANE kEATTON SHE LOOKS GREAT AND HAS GREAT ROLES. ?MAYBE IT’S THERE AGENTS WHO TELLS THEM THEY NEED WORK. WE NEED TO TELL THE STARS TO STOP.

12. Sue Molloy

March 1st, 2011 at 6:22 am

I feel so sorry for Suzanne Somers. She’s ruined her face because she’s so frantically trying to regain her lost youth. She also doesn’t seem to get it- WHEN she dies (& she will- everyone does) her body will decay, while her soul will be wishing she would have worried more about it while she was alive. I pray that she is introduced to Jesus Christ& realizes that He is the only way to be saved & live forever- not experimental facial stem cell therapy or vaginal hormone injections. If there are any christians reading this- please help me pray for Ms. Somers.

13. L. Miller

March 18th, 2011 at 4:59 am

To Jim- Diane Keatton has has some work done -look at her about 10 yrs. ago -she had a very sagging chin line. I think Suzanne was trying to go the most natural and non invasive way to go. I am 60 and have some minor procedures done- such as under chin and jowl liposuction, and a chin injection to enhance a weak chin. I could not be happier , as I am told I look like I am 45. After that I later had a little filler in the mid-face. I think it is by far better than a face lift. I am thin and in shape and I looked fat from a double chin and skin hanging. I feel great- it really boosted my spirit, as my face better suited my in shape body.
    I know what procedure Susan had, and it is true she will have the swelling go down it is a process that takes a while. I see nothing wrong with taking a part of your own body and transferring it to give you a better appearance.
    Suzanne will still practice her health routine and that will keep her body young. People are too judgemental-just wait until you turn 60. Sorry folks but we live in a society that praises youth and does not embrace aging.

14. Olga

April 15th, 2011 at 3:15 pm

Susane Sommers is my weight loss and helthy life style gury. She is amaizing. I will never judge her for the desicion she made. It probably will get better with time. And anyone who read any books of hers know how incredibly smart, kind and tallented that person is.( I’ve read 4 of her books). The last book : “Sexy Foreever” is a true breakthrogh and filled with wisdom not just about how to stay young and fit, but about how to be healthy and kind to Mother Nature. I think she chose the title on purpuse to attract more people to read it. But the message is not about being sexy, it’s is about how to stop ruining our planet and our bodies. I really do not understand people who critiacise her without even reading a single book of hers.

15. Griset

April 26th, 2011 at 8:22 pm

It’s true we all want to look and feel young especially when we see ourselves aging. I’m 48 years old now i excersice regularly and i bought the facemaster, I cross my fingers that it works at least a little. I’m not into drastic changes but a little here and a little there does not hurt. You need to take care of yourself from the inside out and believe in yourself and feel great doing it. Helping others is also a great factor in life and having faith. Well Suzanne i hope you feel good after all you’ve been taking care of yourself all your life, and helping others do the same.

God bless!

16. August

July 8th, 2011 at 12:43 am

I guess she never read any of those “Love Yourself Just As You Are” books “SHE WROTE”….

17. SALLY

July 11th, 2011 at 3:02 pm

OMG….WHY DID SHE SCREW UP HER DACE..

18. je

July 19th, 2011 at 10:20 am

Don’t you guys ever watch tv? She is on shop nbc every month… She looks perfectly normal. Someone has doctored pictures of her. I just saw her today… last month and for months before, and she hasn’t looked like that picture anytime I have seen her…..

19. jessy
    Web site: gmail

September 12th, 2011 at 10:45 pm

EW

20. JD

December 18th, 2011 at 10:11 pm

I just saw her on Dr Oz….I had no idea she had this done months ago. She looks plastic and fake. She doesn’t look like herself anymore…at all.

She made a huge mistake getting that done to her face. I wonder if she can get it fixed? Can they rearrange or take out some of those cells that are distorting her face? It looks bad…

21. Rose

January 2nd, 2012 at 9:43 pm

No one but me noticed she has also changed her teeth! If you look at her teeth years ago, they were larger and longer. Now they are shorter. Check them out!

22. Barb

January 11th, 2012 at 12:34 am

That’s such a shame, as she used to be so pretty. Suzanne and Priscilla Presley resemble each other, now. They both have that puffy, artificial, strange, look. How very sad.

23. Linda Friedman
    Web site: cosmeticsurgerytoday

January 19th, 2012 at 12:43 am

I SAW HER ON TV TODAY. I’VE SEEN HER IN PERSON A FEW YEARS AGO FOR HER 1 WOMAN SHOW. SHE’S PROMOTING HERSELF ALL OVER TV TODAY. I CAN’T BELIEVE WHAT SHE ALLOWED THE DRS TO DO TO HER FACE. SHE’S HAD SO MUCH FILLER ITS REDICULOUS. HER JAWLINE HAS CHANGED. SHE WAS BEAUTIFUL. WITH ALL HER MONEY, SHE COULD’VE HAD THE BEST OF THE BEST DRS TO TWEAK HER. I SENT BACK HER FACE LIFTING MACHINE. IT WAS A JOKE. SHE’S A WALKING PR MACHINE.

24. unter der laterne
    Web site: yahoo

March 8th, 2012 at 8:55 pm

fool that I was -I fell for her excellent sales-pitch and bought her over-priced “face Master”. I used it for 8 months. Well that was a big waste of time! she can sell anything!

25. janis

May 13th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Have you seen her lately…the swelling has gone away and she looks great! I may have to look into this!!!

26. Lydia Smith

September 11th, 2012 at 9:49 pm

I’m watching her right now and she looks terrible! She was an atttractive woan. She should not hsbe haf any procedure on her face!! What a shame! She looks dreadful! I couldn’t lea e home looking like that. How sad!!

27. ChrissySnowJob

October 15th, 2012 at 1:22 am

She should forget about her face and focus on her failing eyesight, diminished mental capacity, the support team of yes-men around her or whatever else is fostering the insane notion that these treatments make her appear youthful and attractive. She looks like an over-inflated naugahyde balloon–only reason she is being booked on talk shows to pimp this nonsense is that TV producers know America loves a freak show.

28. jane

December 26th, 2012 at 12:59 am

suzanne sommers looks horrible, her looks are all gone
    puffy face lips that look like daffy duck, she sure did
    mess up her face, I used to think she was prett now i
    THING A SHARPEI DOG IS BETTER LOOKING

29. Keely

October 7th, 2013 at 6:43 am

SS is a reflection of how screwed up most the baby-boomers are from youth to politics. They bought into and continue to believe in fairy tales. SS has definitely had work done, but refuses to acknowledge the truth in any context. I have friends who are the same way about their “procedures” and it is just weird thinking to think people don’t know what you have done or how old you are. How delusional are people? Very.

30. Michelle Bowerman

October 10th, 2013 at 1:31 am

Suzanne, My dear,
    My intent is for you to hear me. I pray I can get your attention for a mere 15mins. You are the absolutely perfect person with your lifestyle to here what I can offer. It’s not just Another joke. I have a way for you to reverse your youth without surgery. I am just a simple human with high hopes that you would have 15mins to tell you what’s this is about. It’s amazing what this can do for your entire health. Please Please Please. I need a break and this would be a WISH come true
    Michelle Bowerman a single parent of a fabulous 29 year old son
    Michellerose2011@gmail.com

31. Pleasure O'Reilly

October 15th, 2013 at 8:41 pm

Her mouth is too wide due to the pulling from the work done, lips are over plumped, teeth are too perfect for someone her age, her hair is likely a wig, and her facial skin is an overstuffed, lumpy, rough disaster! Well done Suzanne!