Raquel Welch – No Plastic Surgery?

Raquel Welch was recently on the Oprah show making some pretty amazing claims. She denied going under the plastic surgeon’s knife and instead attributed her youthful appearance to Yoga, a perfect diet, and three hours of makeup in the morning.

What do you think? I think she’s not being truthful.

My opinion:
Her forehead hardly moves, likely frozen by a good amount of Botox or Dysport. Her brows are nicely elevated, possibly from a browlift. She shows none of the excess skin and puffiness of a 69 year old woman. I believe she’s also undergone an upper and lower blepharoplasty. Her cheeks and lips are full, likely from a filler like fat grafting. Her neckline is way too sharp for a person her age who hasn’t had a facelift. Finally, her nose looks overly chiseled, likely from at least one reduction rhinoplasty. If her looks are solely due to Yoga, diet, and makeup, then I’m one of Tiger Woods’ mistresses.

Story credit: twominutenews.com

Friday, April 2nd, 2010 at 8:53 pm | Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery, Great Celeb Plastic Surgery, Raquel Welch

21 Responses to “Raquel Welch – No Plastic Surgery?”

1. Discounted Cosmetics
    Web site: thecrazytrader.co.uk

April 3rd, 2010 at 1:34 am

She is looking gorgeous and in this age if you look like this then obviously people will point out on you.

April 3rd, 2010 at 3:19 am

She looks great! If she's had several procedures, they're not obvious. Is there a way to find out which doctor she went to?

3. Rosina at Middle Ageless
    Web site: blogger.com/profile/06213023670724061978

April 3rd, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Indeed. She's another actress to join the ranks of "I've never had anything done…" (This is sometimes followed with, "But I have no objection to PS and would get something done if I needed it.") The latter is to suggest that the person is entirely truthful about PS and most viewers fall for it. Olivia Newton-John has had her lips and forehead done but says she has never been under the needle or knife.

I had my cheekbones and NL folds injected with Juvéderm and you can check it out in this post: http://www.middle-ageless.com/2010/03/how-i-almost-got-rid-of-my-nasolabial.html (Do you like it?) I saw you on TV and thought I'd spring for it up in Canada.

4. marly

April 4th, 2010 at 2:40 pm

Dr. Youn, I think I love you. I'd left a comment on your April Fool's entry talking about Welch and her ridiculous claims. Your straight-forward analysis is fabulous and appreciated. Just think how marvelous it would be if celebrities were honest.

April 4th, 2010 at 7:39 pm

Can you comment on the quality of the work that you believe she's had done?

… and how does it compare with the "average" artistic result of these procedures, performed by "average" plastic surgeons that the an "average" client (ie, non-A-list-celebrity) would consult?

And at what age do you think each procedure was likely done?

On the other hand, if you are, in fact, one of Tiger's mistresses, please share some of the sexy, sexy NSFW texts you have received.

April 5th, 2010 at 3:13 am

Has she also had a lip lift?

Seems like she has a scar under her nose.

7. Rachelle
    Web site: blogger.com/profile/11942787405049991901

April 7th, 2010 at 3:15 am

She is beautiful but I guess it must be difficult to be an aging sex symbol and wrestle with time and admit she has had work done.

I remember seeing an old magazine and there was an article in it about her with pictures and she was about 47 at the time and she didn't look anything like she does now.

I bought Rachel's latest book and I am sort of disappointed with it. She point blankly lists all the things you could do, like botox, fillers, etc but she only admits to microdermabrasion and then she applauds women who have not gone under the knife and stayed natural.

She also leads her readers to belive her splint for TMJ gave her a natural lift. I guess it is neither here nor there but sort of perplexing to me that she would draw attention to herself and not admit to any work.

I really appreciate your blog Dr. Youn. It's informative as well as entertaining.

April 7th, 2010 at 11:59 am

I am normally appalled by older women with multiple surgeries, but I think her skin looks very good! I haven't seen her live or trying to speak, however, so it may just be the photo.

April 8th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

Good for you. Do they seriously think people believe this? No one ages "naturally" and looks like that.

10. Lynne

April 11th, 2010 at 2:11 am

LOL! You should really do a post on Tiger's mistresses and their plastic surgeries LOL!

Thanks for the great blog!

April 13th, 2010 at 9:54 pm

I agree with you Dr. Youn. Why is it that people still lie about having plastic surgery??? It is 2010 for pete's sake! Take Heidi Montag for example, she's young and she's come clean. Why don't those old hags in hollywood like Raquel who's lied most of their lives to maintain a 'perfect image' come clean. It could be really freeing. More importantly, the Raquel's of the world are blocking their Plastic Surgeon from getting extra clients! Share dammit! ~DivineMsV~

12. DARIAN ZAM

April 24th, 2010 at 8:06 am

What number mistress does that make you?

May 16th, 2010 at 12:13 am

It's possible to be older and look great. My grandmother is 77 and has the most enviable skin. Very smooth, supple, minimal wrinkles. It's truly amazing because she doesn't undergo "beauty rituals," it is purely good genes. NO ONE believes her age and they often try to deny her senior discounts because they don't think she's of age.

That being said, something about this picture is not "normal". A little too taut I suppose, even younger people don't look "pulled". I'm sure she has great genes too, but there's a hint of something having been done.

14. joy

November 28th, 2010 at 6:52 pm

I am not saying she did not, however there is such a thing as good genes. and I beleive she is Irish and Latin(which
    helps)And exercise and no smoking are really a plus.
    And if she did have something done,GREAT JOB none of that scary over done obvious stuff.

15. kate

December 30th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Her work is fabulous, why not just own up to it?

16. Fred Cavallaro

March 19th, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Raquel has been my idol since i was young and she still is. I actually named my 1st daughter after her. I dont believe she has had any kind of plastic surgery. She is and always will be GORGEOUS

17. Lisa

March 26th, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Raquel is more beautiful now than most people ever are in their entire lives!

18. Ria

September 3rd, 2011 at 5:42 am

I have not seen any woman as beautiful as Raquel at her age, even with PS.

19. Rhonda

December 11th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

I wonder why nobody mentioned the discrepancy between her face / neck and her forearms: they are showing her true age. So why for heaven’s sake should the arms age and the face not – with the same diet and what not? That makes no sense. She definitely had a lot of PS.

20. Ellen RN

February 3rd, 2013 at 1:47 am

Still doesn’t explain her body. Her skin looks youthful; her voice is youthful and vital. When my mom was her age she looked great too and she is 90 now and over past few years just really started looking aged, because she was ill. She has recovered nicely and when she is well hydrated, her face looks better than mine! I am 56.
    I wear stress in my face and have had a lot of stress in my life and I see it in my face. I work with a nurse who is 64 and follows that kind of lifestyle and looks just as sexy if not more and more vital than some of her 20 year old counterparts: No turkey neck, firm muscle tone.
    I don’t think even with plastic surgery you can hide the aging signs in the face; they will creep in somehow. There’s a lot to be said for a proper diet and yoga and stress reduction. Good genetics helps too. She just looks very natural and very beautiful.

21. Ellen RN
    Web site: mobilewellbeing.org

February 3rd, 2013 at 1:52 am

Also Dr Youn, you may be surprised how many people who are not wealthy and face high levels of stress on a daily basis, but do not abuse their temples, who do not have money to reconfigure themselves, seem not seem to age.
    I see this all the time.