Wayne Newton – Plastic Surgery?

While switching channels past Dancing with the Stars, I couldn’t help but notice Wayne Newton‘s odd, odd appearance. What is going on here?

It appears to me that his eyebrows are elevated and don’t move. At all. This is a possible consequence of Botox, which if overly injected can create a “frozen forehead.’ However, while it does smooth the forehead wrinkles, it doesn’t create elevated eyebrows like his. That is a possible consequence of a browlift. He also has very little excess skin of his upper eyelids, a possible result of an upper blepharoplasty. His jawline is also extremely sharp for a 65 year old man. This could be due to a facelift. There are some other things that may be going on here, but I think these are the most obvious. As a plastic surgeon I would recommend that he let the Botox wear off a bit, avoid the sun and tanning, and focus on his great voice, not his dance moves.

To view a segment I did on Fox News regarding Awful celeb plastic surgery, click here.

Monday, October 1st, 2007 at 8:38 pm | Bad Celeb Plastic Surgery, Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery, Wayne Newton

26 Responses to “Wayne Newton – Plastic Surgery?”

1. raincoaster
    Web site: raincoaster.com

October 2nd, 2007 at 1:46 am

You even NEED a question mark? Wayne Newton has looked like that for the past twenty years, although before Botox I think he achieved it by tying his ears together at the back of his head. I think he just explains it by saying he has American Indian blood and good genes.

2. Francine

October 2nd, 2007 at 3:10 pm

His eyes look like two little raisins. When I was a little kid and I heard him sing on the Lucy show, I couldn’t figure out if he was a boy or a girl.

October 2nd, 2007 at 7:04 pm

botox can elevate the eyebrows if it is administered to the lateral orbicularis or to the medial brow depressors.

4. IndigoWolf

October 2nd, 2007 at 8:20 pm

He looks like a cartoon character!

5. Dr. Tony Youn

October 3rd, 2007 at 9:34 pm

Raincoaster-
    Technically I place the question mark since he hasn’t publicly admitted to plastic surgery to my knowledge.
    The elevation I’ve seen with Botox to the lateral orbic or medial brow depressors is nowhere near what Wayne Newton has.

6. raincoaster
    Web site: raincoaster.com

October 4th, 2007 at 4:54 am

Thanks for the clarity: as always, you’re more generous than I would be.

All that said, I do adore his version of “Love Grows Where My Rosemary Goes”.

October 10th, 2007 at 8:01 am

Dr. Youn… do you think perhaps he also got cheek implants? I have looked at old pictures of him from 10-15 years back, and even then his cheek bones were not that prominent. He has kind of a plastic chipmunk shape to his face.

8. Ann Teliczan
    Web site: michigansweetspot.com

October 14th, 2007 at 10:57 pm

Assuming he has had plastic surgery, is there anything Wayne Newton can do to get a natural look back?

9. Wayne Newton Lookalike

October 18th, 2007 at 5:09 am

^ Well Wayne, it’s a bit too late to ask for advice now…

November 30th, 2007 at 10:51 pm

Ironically, he looks older and facially quircky. It’s a shame. I would be embarassed if I looked like him. He would be better off going on a diet and losing some of that weight. I guess there are some cases where you just can’t fix ugly.

February 21st, 2010 at 6:49 am

I think he got "cheek silicone implants".

Pretty soon, with age, the little nipples also will show on them.

12. Fig
    Web site: blogger.com/profile/14995276199661494132

March 9th, 2010 at 1:12 pm

Does anyone know the name of Wayne Newton's plastic surgeon?

May 3rd, 2010 at 2:14 am

I am very saddened by the fact that Wayne had any of this done. I have been going to see Wayne's shows for years and I know that he never, ever looked platic or like this until the last 6 years or so. I feel really bad that whomever did this to him ruined his looks. He was an absolute Handsome man, and is still one of the kindest gentleman you will ever meet.
    He is an American Icon, and has given alot of his time for all of his many fans. I sure hope this Dr. is right and thinks that the botox injections might loosen up some.

14. Bettina OBriem

January 24th, 2011 at 3:46 am

I agree the p;astic surgeon ruined his look.I have been seeing Wayne live for the last 35 years and he looks completely differant now. No matter how he looks he is the best in the business and a wonderful man.

15. Washington

July 1st, 2011 at 1:20 pm

Scary!!

16. Jack Schitt

October 19th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Did he have the same plastic surgeon as Kenny Rogers?? Should have sued him!

17. True Fan

October 20th, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I met Wayne when he was only 16 and the face I see now is unrecognizable. I will always adore him. He called me once to sing, “Red Roses for a Blue Lady”, once.

18. Erin Reese

June 21st, 2012 at 7:09 pm

He really ruined his looks. He used to be a very handsome man and still would be if he let himself age normally. But now he looks like an old Korean woman. Why would anyone do this to themselves?

19. E K Kelly
    Web site: WAYNENEWTON-PLASTICSURGERY

June 27th, 2012 at 4:13 am

I SAW HIM ABOUT 6 MONTHS AGO ON ‘HUCKABEE’ HE WAS ASKED TO SING A SONG AND HID BEHIND HUCKABEE SO THE AUDIENCE COULD NOT SEE HOW BAD HE LOOKS WHILE TRING TO SING.END

20. kathy

March 4th, 2013 at 7:12 pm

i suffer from multiple sclerosis, diabetic, ans soooo much pain. but to hear wayne newton sing is so sothing. i would give anything to hear him sing at a real performance. so he got a bad plastic surgeon. when one has surgery we put our lives in their hands and hope for the best and the best does not always come out right. lets not blame someone until we walk in their shoes.he is still the best singer as far as i am concerned.

21. Donna Cales

September 14th, 2013 at 4:17 am

I have adored Wayne Newton for 45 yrs. Wayne puts all he has and beyond into all his shows. He truly loves his fans and loves to entertain us. He is so beautiful on the inside and I think he is still very handsome.

22. Terence Robinson

September 14th, 2013 at 4:57 am

He looks feminine and alwsys did, when he was young he even had a girls voice,

23. Grambo

September 14th, 2013 at 4:38 pm

I can’t believe how much rudeness and cruelty there exists in our society. Obviously, those commentators had no proper upbringing by their mothers or fathers, who used to teach that if you can’t find something positive to say about someone, say nothing at all. It’s no wonder teens are commiting suicide due to bullying in this country. Anonymity of the internet brings out many cowards, doesn’t it? I remember when Wayne started his career–and when I lived in Vegas from 1996 to 2000, I used to drive past Shenandoah every day. Best wishes to you, Wayne–wish you had better spending habits, but remember—you will always have your talent and your heart–which is more than I can say for some of the trolls on this blog!!

24. Bonnie

September 14th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

The doctor said”…focus on his great voice.” Wayne Newton hasn’t been able to sing in years. When I went to his concert he had someone else there to sing his songs. Wayne played a lot of instruments and CROAKED through just one song and one was enough. I don’t know who would want to pay to see that show a second time. Once was painful enough.

25. Wendell

September 14th, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Wayne Newton and the rest of these aging entertainers should just face the fact that we are not going to look as good as when we were 25 or 30. Forget plastic surgery! Wayne now looks like a cartoon character, and I feel sorry for him. He always wanted to be Elvis, but there was only one Elvis–the greatest entertainer ever to live!

26. jenny

November 27th, 2013 at 4:49 am

Problem is celebrities want to stay young forever, look at Mrs. P. Presley an absolute beautiful woman who had a plastic surgeon hack her face up, she ended up resembling the joker, final she had to have reconstructive surgery to fix the damage that was done to her face. I hope that Mr. newton is happy with the results as long as he is happy who cares, what he had.