Barry Manilow’s Plastic Surgery

Barry Manilow recently performed for the Today show. Wow, has he had some work done! According to the National Enquirer (Aug 6, 2007), he underwent a facelift in 1995, another facelift with upper and lower blepharoplasty in 2003, and an additional facelift in 2006, as well as regular Botox injections.

When you compare his ‘before’ photo (1978) with the photo taken just a week ago, you can see that his brows and eyelids look very similar. His cheeks, however, are quite a bit fuller now, possibly signifying overdone fat grafting, cheek implants, or both. His skin is unnaturally taut for a 61 year old man, a sign of the previously mentioned facelifts with possible chemical peels or laser treatments.

While it’s nice to hear that his voice sounds as pristine as ever, I’d like to see a bit more natural aging to his face. I believe that facial plastic surgery can create a very natural appearance when the goal is to take 10-20 years off someone. When we start to go after 25, 30, or even 40 years then people start looking fake. Maybe he should dedicate his song, “I Can’t Smile Without You,” to his plastic surgeon (no, not me).

Photo credit: pr photos.com

Sunday, September 23rd, 2007 at 8:15 pm | Bad Celeb Plastic Surgery, Barry Manilow, Celebrity Cosmetic Surgery

34 Responses to “Barry Manilow’s Plastic Surgery”

September 23rd, 2007 at 10:35 pm

Manilow look like a slightly more feminine version of Hillary Clinton, albeit with a bigger schnozolla.

2. Crissy
    Web site: blogger.com/profile/08997107420800541930

September 24th, 2007 at 8:19 am

Uh I have a question; why would you take the word of a gossip rag like the National Enquirer as gospel? Barry spent nearly all of 1995 touring, and if I’m not mistaken it takes time for the bruising and swelling from that type of procedure to go down. I don’t know when he would have had the time in 2006 either. He had eight weeks off after his hip surgery to repair the torn cartilage but I doubt he would have had it done then.

His skin may look unnaturally smooth when you look at him because it’s usually on tv or in pictures of him onstage or just coming off before he’s removed the makeup he has to wear. When you look at him in pictures where he’s wearing street clothes and out shopping or going out to eat you can tell the difference. Oh, and Barry’s not 61, he’s a very attractive 64 whose taken care of himself by eating right, not abusing drugs or alcohol, and exercising 3 times a week.

September 24th, 2007 at 11:36 am

crissy, i love me some barry manilow, too — but the photos don’t lie! the man has had some work done.

September 24th, 2007 at 4:33 pm

Crissy

put down the crack pipe

5. Crissy
    Web site: blogger.com/profile/08997107420800541930

September 24th, 2007 at 6:40 pm

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
    I guess I should have made myself clearer: I don’t deny he’s had some work done. I just don’t think he first had it done in 95, and I have no idea if he’s had anything else done since 2003. When you see pictures of him without the stage makeup his skin isn’t as smooth as you might think and there are lines around his eyes.

As for whoever told me to put down the crack pipe, that was uncalled for and not amusing in the least.

6. Abra

September 25th, 2007 at 4:58 am

That’s just not right… I don’t like people who had something done after looking through the before and after galleries here http://plasticsergeant.com/home.
    Most of the patients look better before than after.
    I think Manilow would look better if he looked like his age. Being young-looking for a 60-and-aomething is just not right and nice.

7. Lisa

September 25th, 2007 at 10:56 pm

Thanks, Doctor, for addressing Barry Manilow’s unnatural face — I wish he had let himself age more. He looks so weird now that it’s distracting to watch him. And I’ve been a fan for years.

Crissy, sweetie, you’re in denial.

8. Ruby

October 22nd, 2007 at 4:43 pm

crissy:
    Get real!!! (Or get glasses). The National Enquirer doesn’t need to tell us long time fans anything! We can see it ourselves!!!!! Barry has had a LOT of stuff done to his face!! A nip and tuck here and there is okay, but he’s done way too much! He doesn’t look natural anymore. The man is 64 years old (yes, that is his CORRECT age). Wish he would have aged gracefully like all of his fans!!

9. soosie

December 5th, 2008 at 8:42 am

he can’t move anything except his bottom lip these days – he’s a bit like a thunderbird puppet

10. JamiSings

June 14th, 2009 at 6:57 pm

I wish people would leave him alone. He's in the entertainment business where you HAVE to have work done, like it or not. Because sadly it's a youth obsessed business. He's a very handsome, sexy man regardless. And having seen him in concert more times then I can count I can assure you he can move more then his bottom lip.

I think plastic surgery is nothing to be ashamed of and people should not criticize people for having it. Let's face it, if everyone could afford it, everyone would have it. Even those who claim they're "aging gracefully."

November 30th, 2009 at 3:18 pm

For goodness sakes they need to change his name to Scary Manilow. That is some wicked looking plastic surgery – I guess he is trying to look good for the younger men he is trying to attract?

December 28th, 2009 at 10:55 pm

PS – saw Jackson Browne the other night… another case of bad eye surgery gone worse… Why the heck would HE want to look fake? I really don't get it.

January 22nd, 2010 at 1:21 pm

I saw Barry on The Tonight Show last night and was slightly saddened by his look. Why would anyone with such a public image do this?

January 22nd, 2010 at 8:42 pm

I tuned into Conan O'Brien in the middle of the Barry Manilow interview last night and thought it was Andy Richter wearing a Manilow Mask and that they were in the middle of some comedy bit.

15. siber6

January 29th, 2010 at 11:14 am

Looks like a gay older women

16. Janet

December 10th, 2010 at 11:03 pm

Barry Manilow is on Graham Norton show, I am shocked to see him he looks ridiculous, I am a fan of Barry but crikey this is awful.

17. Webb

December 14th, 2010 at 12:06 am

Lol I’m watching Graham norton now and I googled the question and was sent to this site my question was has bazza had surgery coz he looks like chucky.

Chrissy you gotta be piping something if yo think his look is natural lol

18. del

January 3rd, 2011 at 2:25 am

just watched the norton show.barry looks dreadful.his face was like plastic.i aint seen him perform for years but he has had work done.please age like normal humans.not alien.

19. Multi-Writer

January 6th, 2011 at 4:55 am

Yes, I’m sure he’s had work done but it’s not really a fair comparison to show a pic from 1978 and then after surgery in 2010. That’s 32 years. How about we get to see Barry 5 – 10 years ago and then what he looks like now, hey?

The truth of the matter is that it’s the being that matters, not the body. That guy’s got enough soul for three bodies. Let him create himself as he wants to. Just close your eyes and listen. He’ll look just as beautiful as ever. Soul never ages.

20. Stevo

January 15th, 2011 at 2:50 am

I watched the Graham Norton show the other night and Bazza looked like some kinda alien fo sure.

I was kinda freaked. That’s why I looked him up on the net to see his surgery etc.

wow man

21. sam

January 25th, 2011 at 10:22 pm

the main thing about this artist is he is talented and is a one of a kind singer of his type.all i can say is he looked better before the face work.it looks like he might have cheek implants,it looks similer to suzanne somers face work.,she also looked better before.facelifts or other work just don,t hold up,they flip flop,i wish he didn,t do whatever he did.i still like him.

22. Matt C

April 22nd, 2011 at 10:20 am

Wow, he looks as bad as he sounds!!!!!!! AWFUL-fake plastic, cheesey. What an idiot

23. Sandy not Mandy

June 8th, 2011 at 6:44 pm

LOVE MY BARRY! I have followed Barry for years since my first concert in 1974 in Detroit, MI. I do agree he’s maybe did a little bit too much plastic surgery, but he still looks great! He still sings beautiful and I’ll follow him forever. B-A-R-R-Y B-A-B-Y !
    Sandy

24. Jean R.

June 8th, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Just saw Barry AND suzanne on The Talk…I love Barry’s music and when I was younger had a big crush on him. I can understand people in that industry needing to look as young as possible..so a little eye work, some skin tightening OK but when you start changing the structure of your face (cheek and chin implants)it looks rediculous. Barry please find a reputable plastic surgeon and lose the cheek implants. And Suzanne, what is all that bruising on your neck? Leave Barry alone!

25. Gary Bowden

June 12th, 2011 at 8:08 pm

I can’t believe this guy is still around doing the same thing over and over again.Of course he’s had plastic surgery.Looks ridiculous..

26. anne

June 18th, 2011 at 6:48 pm

wow, i saw barry on tv, entertainment tonight. he looked so sadly awful. i found myself not listening to the song he sang but transfixed on his weird face. it was frightening. i bet he would look fine (even great) if he aged and did only a few very small plastic enhancements. his head has a scary shape and it looks like his skin is a tight balloon stretched over his skull. sorry barry, very bad & (sad) choice.

27. sean

June 19th, 2011 at 12:25 am

wtf he looks like a puppet

28. annie

June 24th, 2011 at 1:45 am

wo, Barry looks terrible! so sad that these famous people have to screw up their facees. why cant they just age naturally the way God intended it to be! they look even worse after their facelifts. come on look at Kenny Rodgers..

29. Chrisinuae

June 24th, 2011 at 11:17 am

I”m watching him on Pierce Morgan as I type this…so sad for him..as someone stated, he can only really move his lower lip…I understand having to keep up with the Hollywood foolishness that goes on, but this is extreme.He’s one entertainer who always seemed so natural in the way he interacted with his audiences etc, too bad his self image was so distorted for him to have gone to these measures, either that or he had surgery done by the same Dr. who killed Kanye’s mother…tragic…he always had a big nose, but that was part of his charm…now his whole face just looks like tight plastic mask. Sorry Barry!

30. nnnaaaaaannnnnn

August 5th, 2011 at 4:04 am

This is @ Crissy… WAKE UP!!!!! Barry Manilow looks like a freak and its not because he didnt abuse drugs,alcohol,or the sun he has had major plastic surgery. He has regular botox injections which are in themself a form of plastic surgery.

31. Cathy

September 24th, 2011 at 3:23 pm

So what if Barry Manilow had a face lift! Leave the man alone….he’s a great singer! You can’t expect him to look like the same man he was all those years ago! I love Barry Manilow….that’s all I got to say!

32. john c

October 28th, 2011 at 8:37 pm

he cant even move his face, wtf is all that about?! someone tell how f ridiculous he looks, i feel sick

33. Neesargon

October 28th, 2011 at 8:52 pm

Sadly, Barry is going down the Michael Jackson route. He needs to stop NOW, before he becomes an utter freak.
    Cosmetic surgery is addictive.
    Such a shame. He’s a GREAT perfomer.

34. Marisol Roeker
    Web site: hotcd.ru/forum/member.php?u=152419

December 3rd, 2011 at 1:13 pm

If you recognize someone you know in that description (maybe even yourself), there is one little thing you can do to turn your sponsoring activities around.